Aptly described as “the most excited two minutes in sports,” the Kentucky Derby is right around the corner. This year, the famous race will be held on May 4 and 5 at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. For us at Pomegranate, the Kentucky Derby is figuratively and almost literally, right around the corner.
We’re thrilled to celebrate the event in our home state of Kentucky, and to honor our equestrian roots with an array of special equestrian home prints and accessories. As you look forward to the big event, there’s never been a better time to celebrate our heritage (and to go shopping!)
A Little Taste of History
With a tradition dating back over a hundred years, the Kentucky Derby isn’t just about horse racing. While this may be the main event, the races themselves are also preceded by an annual Kentucky Derby Festival, which involves parties, parades, and plenty of entertaining. The festival portion of the event took a respite in 1937 but returned full force in the 1950s, and the style and grace of the festivities have never been better. As a result, the Kentucky Derby has become a beloved event not only for those who engage in horse racing, but also for those who love the elegant, yet down-to-earth social dynamics of the season.
Celebrate in Style - Equestrian Themed Prints
Whether you’re hoping to celebrate the event at home quietly or you’re throwing a party for friends and family, we have everything you need to beautifully entertain. Here are a few ideas to help make the celebration your own.
- Craft and serve the perfect mint julep. For nearly a century, the mint julep has been the signature cocktail of the Kentucky Derby. Use our Equestrian Stripe Napkins to polish your presentation, or enhance your home bar setup with our Snaffle Bourbon Glasses. (And you can find the original mint julep recipe here.)
- Create a themed tablescape. Choose from an array of equestrian linens, such as the Pick Six Cotton Tablecloth, Equestrian Stretch Table Runner, and more. You can then build on this foundation with themed dishware, such as the elegant Horse and Snaffle Table Setting.
- Travel in style. We’re partial to the equestrian print Snaffle and Stripe Weekender Bag, a limited edition piece of luxe equestrian luggage with classic earth tones and genuine leather detailing. We’re also pleased to offer matching travel accessories for both him and her, including dopp kits, cosmetic bags, envelope clutches, and more.
- Dress to impress. As any true fan of the Kentucky Derby knows, half the fun is the fashion that comes with the horse racing tradition. Make an impression as you prep for the event with signature equestrian aprons, such as our playfully designed Triple Crown Apron and the stylish Horse and Snaffle Half Apron.
- Enjoy the race in comfort and style. If you don’t plan on watching from Churchill Downs, cozying up with our luxe equestrian themed decor is the next best thing. Transform your living space into a chic and comfy viewing area with elements like the limited edition Horse and Snaffle Throw Pillow or the Luxe Snaffle Throw Pillow.
To learn more about our equestrian printed linens and home decor, we invite you reach us at (800) 948-5188 or reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to celebrating our traditions through the Kentucky Derby, and to helping you celebrate yours!