What Ya Got Cookin'?
No matter how many episodes of The Great British Bake Off we watch, we somehow still can’t get our pies to look as beautiful as the professionals’. Luckily, pies are one of those items that can be bought—and if you’re really sneaky, passed off as your own. All you need is a great local bakery, some online resources (see below), or even a great grocery store. The trick? Make your own homemade whipped cream right before sitting down at the table. A little (or not so little) dollop atop a slice of pie goes a long way. Read on for our top ten favorite shippable pies, plus our tried-and-true whipped cream recipe.
"Life's too short to spend hours doing something you don't love."
And by the way... Along with feeling that life’s too short to spend hours doing something you don’t love, we strongly believe that one should never miss an opportunity to look cute in the kitchen. The secret is having a cute apron, oven mitts and tea towels. To help, our kitchen items are 30% off this week. Plus, when you spend $150 or more on anything this week, we’ll include a complimentary set of tea towels in your shipment!
Now, without further ado.... It’s pie time. Here are the best:
- Best Derby Pie: Kern’s Kitchen
- Best Sour Cream Apple Walnut Pie: Little Pie Company
- Best Blueberry Pie: Two Fat Cats Bakery
- Best Four-Berry Pie: Achatz Handmade Pie Co
- Best Apple Pie: Blue Owl Bakery
- Best Chocolate Sweet N’ Salty Pie: Royers
- Best Raspberry Ginger Pie: Piedaho
- Best Sour Cherry Pie: Bubby’s
- Best Pecan Pie: Three Brothers Bakery
- Best Pumpkin Pie: Sweetie Pies Bakery
Best Homemade Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Don’t forget to shop our In the Kitchen Collection, including aprons, oven mitt sets and tea towels, all 30% off this week. And let us know which pies are your favorite!